It’s important to ensure your roof is in the best shape to take on the winter weather before it arrives. It’s also the best way to keep minor problems from turning into significant issues that may leave you needing a roof replacement.
Here’s our winter roof inspection checklist to guide you this winter season:
Check Inside Your Home
First, check your home interior by doing the following:
- Check for water spots around your ceiling, walls, and floors
- Check for cracks in your plaster
- Check the attic and crawl space for signs of water damage (especially mold growth)
Check the Roof From the Outside
Next, inspect the roof and:
- Check the shingles for curling and missing granules
- Look for signs of fascia and trim rot
- Check for mold and mildew growth
- Check for holes in the roof
- Check and clean the gutters
Discuss Your Winter Roof Inspection Checklist with a Professional Roofing Company
Call the Keith Gauvin Roofing team in Ellington, CT, today at (860) 324-4843 to schedule a professional winter roof inspection.